The Green Bay Packers takes a visit to Texas to handle the Houston Texans this Sunday.Р’ Р’
- It marks the matchup that is fifth the Packers and Texans, with Green Bay keeping a 3-1 lead, including a 2-0 mark in Houston.
- It’s the Packers‘ first stop by at Houston since a 42-24 victory in 2012 in 6 week.
- While Green Bay has just played during the Texans twice, it offers played when you look at the state of Texas six times since 2010, like the postseason, and won all of those games, beating the Dallas Cowboys four times additionally the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV in Dallas. The packers have scored over 30Р’ points (31, 42, 37, 34, 35, 34) in each of those six contests.
- Sunday marks the 2nd game regarding the only group of back-to-back road games for Green Bay in 2020, the fewest for the group since 2013 (zero). This comes following the Packers had three sets of back-to-back road competitions in both 2018 and 2019.
- This is the time that is third period Green Bay will play a casino game that commences at 12 p.m. CT, as well as the first since Week 2. The Packers won both of the earlier games that kicked off at 12 p.m. CT, scoring 43 points at Minnesota and 42 points versus Detroit.
- The Packers have started 4-1 when it comes to 2nd consecutive period and for the 3rd amount of time in the very last four years (2017).Р’
- Dating back into 2017, Green Bay joins the Kansas City Chiefs (four times) while the only groups in the NFL to win at the very least four of the very very very first five games in at the least three regarding the final four periods (Stathead.com).
- The Packers have won nine of these final 10 games that are regular-season.
- The Packers are coming down their very first loss in the period. The next week.Р’ in the first season under Head Coach Matt LaFleur, Green Bay lost three regular-season games and each time responded with a win
- Green Bay will come back to Lambeau Field for a Week 8 matchup aided by the Vikings on Nov. 1. It will function as Packers‘ 3rd house game associated with the season and first since Oct. 5 against Atlanta. Including playoffs, Green Bay posseses a 8-3-2 mark (.692) contrary to the Vikings at Lambeau Field since 2008.
BECAUSE OF THE CALL
FOX will broadcast the overall game to a nationwide market. Play-by-play guy Kenny Albert joins analyst Jonathan Vilma with Shannon Spake reporting through the sidelines https://datingrating.net/marriagemindedpeoplemeet-review.Р’
- Milwaukee’s WTMJ (620 AM), airing Green Bay games since November 1929, heads up the Packers Radio system that is comprised of 50 channels in four states. Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play), two-time Packers professional Bowler Larry McCarren (analyst) and three-time Packers professional Bowler and two-time All-Pro John Kuhn (sideline) will phone the action. McCarren first joined up with the group’s broadcasts in 1995 and comes into their 25th period calling Packers games. After initially being paired together in 1999, McCarren and Larrivee enter their 22nd period of broadcasts together. They exceeded Jim Irwin and Max McGee for the many regular-season and postseason games broadcast when it comes to Packers with 313 during the 2018 period opener against Chicago.
- The broadcast can also be available on Sirius Satellite broadcast (WTMJ feed), WTMJ.com via computer as well as on many products through NFL Game Pass.
- DIRECTV customers can view the overall game on Channel 709.
THE DOPE ABOUT THIS WEEK’S OPPONENT:
Packers at Texans:
- Regular period, all-time: 3-1
- All-time, Postseason: 0-0
- All-time, at Houston: 2-0 (2-0 at NRG Stadium)
- Streaks: Green Bay has won two games that are consecutive Houston dating back to into the 2012 period
- Final conference, regular period: Dec. 4, 2016, Lambeau Field, Packers won, 21-13
- Matt LaFleur: 17-4-0, .810; (1-1 postseason); 2nd NFL period
- Romeo Crennel: 29-56-0, .341 (0-0 postseason); 7th NFL period
- Check out Head: 0-0
- vs. Opponent: LaFleur 0-0 vs. Texans; Crennel 1-0 vs. Packers (1-0 postseason)
MATT LaFLEURРІР‚В¦ In the season that is second as Packers‘ fifteenth mind advisor.
- Inside the 12th period into the NFL, having formerly offered as a unpleasant coordinator for two periods (l . a . Rams, 2017; Tennessee Titans, 2018), a quarterbacks advisor for six periods (Washington Redskins, 2010-13; Atlanta Falcons, 2015-16), plus a unpleasant associate for just two periods (Houston Texans, 2008-09).
- Inside the very very first period leading the Packers in 2019, since the coach that is first club history to lead the group to your playoffs inside the first period. Additionally led the biggest one-year improvement that is win group history (plus-seven wins).
- Became just the coach that is fifth NFL history to win 13-plus regular-season games inside the very very very first period as being a mind advisor (Jim Caldwell, George Seifert, Jim Harbaugh, Steve Mariucci).
- Directed the Titans‘ offense in 2018 to a number 7 league position in rushing (126.4 ypg) as Tennessee registered 11 games with 100-plus yards that are rushing tied up for number 2 into the NFL.
- Aided the inside scoring with on average 29.9 points per game in 2017, significantly more than doubling their average (14.0 ppg).
- Tutored QB Matt Ryan, whom led the league in passer score (117.1) on their solution to being called NFL best Player because of The Associated Press, and QB Robert Griffin III, whom became the QB that is first Washington franchise history to win AP Offensive Rookie of the season in 2012.
ROMEO CRENNELРІР‚В¦Named Texans‘ interim mind advisor in Week 5 of this 2020 NFL period.